Charles Ault-Duell is an experienced Kansas attorney that clients can trust to fiercely defend them and truthfully counsel them. He has the tenacity and knowledge that clients need on their side in a wide range of legal arenas, including:
- Municipal, State, and Federal proceedings across Central and Western Kansas
- Criminal and Traffic cases, such as speeding tickets, DUIs, building code violations, domestic battery and child abuse, felony drug possession, aggravated battery or robbery, and financial crimes; he has skillfully guided clients through diversions and plea deals, jury trials, and appeals processes;
- Domestic and family law, such as divorce, property division (including cases with disputed business or farm assets), pre- and post-nuptial agreements, contested child-custody and child-support motions, DCF investigations, adoptions, and foster care (CINC) and Juvenile Offender (JV) cases. Charles strives to integrate his clients' objectives with the best interests of any children involved in or impacted by a case, with a focus on family integrity and mental and financial health.
- Civil cases for both individuals and small businesses, such as limited-jurisdiction contract fights and evictions, contractor and construction disputes on both plaintiff and defense, employment disputes, and large-asset and business-interest settlement and division.
- Bodily Injury cases, such as car accidents and workplace or landlord negligence resulting in medical bills and lost wages. He can help you maximize your recovery, including fighting and reducing hospital or health-insurance liens.
- Probate cases, such as establishment or proper management of Guardianship, Trusts, and Wills.
He received his law license in 2007 and defended his first cases while still attending Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas. After law school he worked for the Kansas Court of Appeals M as a chambers research attorney for the Honorable Patrick D. McAnany. He then returned to Salina to serve as an Assistant Saline County Attorney for over 3 years, where he gained invaluable trial experience on many high-visibility cases and won multiple appeals. Charles entered private practice in 2014 for a long-time Salina law firm, where he established his reputation as an excellent domestic and civil attorney. In 2017 he became a local business-owner and entrepreneur when he founded CAD Law, LC.
Charles grew up in Northwest Kansas in a family of preachers, teachers, and farmers. He is a proud alumnus of Kansas Wesleyan University in Salina ('05), and he currently serves on its Board of Trustees. He served as the president of the Saline-Ottawa County Bar Association during the 2017-2018 term, and as an officer of the Bar Association for the 3 years prior. He has served several years on the advisory board of the Salina Initiative for Restorative Justice (SIRJ).